Thursday, February 04, 2010

Sweet Treats



What a perfect treat for my sweetheart!


What a great idea! I love the date on the bag
The brownie bags can be found here.
I printed it out on white paper and taped the sides to form a bag.





This brownie recipe is a keeper!
The gal at Crafty Chicks wasn't kidding when she said that her mom makes the best brownies. I am a brownie lover and have tested and tasted many recipes. This one is a blue ribbon winner! It now has the #1 brownie spot in my recipe book. She said that they are still delicious even after days in their dried-out state. I guess I will never know - they only lasted an hour after coming out of the oven. I halved the recipe into a 9X13 pan in fear that I would eat more than I should - I did.

Mom's Brownies
1 1/4 cups butter
4 cups sugar
8 eggs
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
walnuts are optional

Cream butter and sugar. Add the remaining ingredients in order. Bake in a greased 13 x 18" pan (cookie sheet) at 325ยบ for 40-45 minutes.



1 comment:

Hello! Thank you for your kind words.