Monday, March 22, 2010

Dome Pedestal Display

Monday:  Yeah!  A creation!




I saw this dome at the thrift store for JUST a dollar and the candle holder was .50 - hooray.
I think the covered dome was used as a cheese holder - it's cute and small.


I spray painted and then drilled a hole on the bottom to glue the pedestal on.
I am still debating whether or not I should rub some Ralph Lauren glaze over the white to give it an aged look.
What do you think?



Added some raffia and painted eggs - 

Click 'Home' and take a peek at my other creations.

Link up to:
Talented Tuesday @ My Frugal Family
Show Us What You're Working On Wed. @ Me and My Bucket
What I Made This Week Friday @ Simply Designing
Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts

10 comments:

  1. LOVE it! I have the same cheese dome and board and have been toying with the idea of painting it white and distressing it:)
    Sarah
    handbagsnpigtails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I love this! I had one of these years ago and finally gave it away. What a great piece of decor, you have done a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and yeh.. i think the aged look would be my preference.. but how will it look with the rest of your home furnishing and decor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like it just the way it is. gorgeous and great vision! im ur newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I just picked up a cheese dome the other day and have been trying to figure out if I wanted to use just the top or both pieces-excellent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing. Laura @ the mansion

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely delightful! I hopped over from Simply Designing and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week! until later...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Perfect for Easter! ~Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  10. this turned out great! thanks for sharing!

    be sure to stop by and link up on today's link party!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for your kind words.